This program combines language studies with culture and regional studies in relation to the language module chosen by the student. The language courses are taught by native speakers. The Bachelor program is targeted towards maintaining continuity of the research work in Asian studies; it aims at ensuring the quality of knowledge and skills needed to pursue further professional or academic studies at MA level.
Bachelor’s degree program „Asian Studies” curriculum
The program is divided into four language modules:
- Japanese language module;
- Sinology module: Chinese, Classical Chinese (Wenyan);
- India and Indonesia module: Hindi or Tibetan or Indonesian language;
- Middle East module: Arabic or Turkish language.
Study period and time of classes
The full – time degree program covers three academic years. Classes are mainly from 8.30am until 6 pm in the working days.
Graduates can apply for work in schools and universities, business and culture-oriented fields.
1. General secondary high school diploma;
2. English language proficiency.
Enrollment criteria (for students competing for the state-financed study place)
1. The grade in English (60%)
2. Grade point average (20%);
3. A certificate of the Latvian language (20%).
Please note! Only EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and EU long-term resident status holders can compete for a state-financed study place.
Autumn Intake (application start: 1 Jan 2018; studies start in Sept 2018)