The Civil Engineering Program prepares students for the design and management of civil infrastructure including water resources, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, and transportation. The program is based upon the San Diego State University program and is positioned for international accreditation according to the American Board of Engineering and Technology standards. Graduates can be expected to gain positions in the private or public sector in design or management positions of utility companies, municipalities, engineering consulting companies or the manufacturing and mining sector. There is a strong demand for qualified engineers and the salary growth is strong both locally and internationally while the local market is currently critically undersupplied and internship opportunities are currently being filled during the second year of studies on the San Diego State University joint degree operating in Tbilisi. There are also opportunities for graduates to continue their studies abroad in San Diego or other international universities at a Master’s or Doctorate level.
3 reasons to study Civil Engineering program at Ilia State University
- ABET "American" track accredited programs that have been positively reviewed by American experts;
- Programs follow the American learning style of broad general education supplementing technical subjects;
- Civil Engineering Program includes broad directions in many infrastructure areas (see the lab descriptions here), as compared with traditional Soviet inherited programs that are focused in only one direction.
Program duration is 8 semesters (240 credits) and the graduates have the opportunity to acquire minor specialization along with the core one. The structure of the program consists of a general module - 60 credits, core specialization (major) - 120 credits, minor (in International Relations) - 60 credits.
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Successful completion of secondary (high) school
- English-language proficiency (equivalent to B2)
- Intake for Autumn Semester: 10 August
- Intake for Spring Semester: 30 November
Ilia State University was founded in 2006, as a result of the unification of 6 different academic institutes with long and varied histories. Currently, Ilia State University is one of the leading rese ... Skaityti daugiau